Details screen (bright / dark theme)
This module shows information on selected object (Figure 7).
Objects could be selected in Object Selection, Observations Lists, Star Chart and other places.
The module automatically searches
To get this additional information just press More button that appears after several seconds at the screen bottom. The app shows additional (custom fields) for each match found.
- other user databases for objects with the same name
- internal databases for the same objects named differently
- Steve Gottlieb Notes for notes on selected object.
Thus it is easy to supplement object data from some database with additional data. For example, you could create a user database with additional text and image path fields and keep there other designations (text fields) and images (image path fields) for NgcIc objects. When getting information on NgcIc object you would have a chance to see other designations and object images8. Follow the steps:
- Create a new user database called ''myngc'' with a text field called ''myname'' and an image path field called ''photo''
- Add a new object to this database. Set its ''name1'' and ''name2'' fields to ''ngc224''. Set ''myname'' field to ''Andromeda'' and ''photo'' field to NGC224 (M31) image path on SD card. There is no need to set other fields
- Find NGC224 (M31) in Messier or NgcIc catalog and get information on the object
- Press More button. At the screen bottom among others you would see ''myngc: ngc224'' object with fields ''myname'' set to ''Andromeda'' and ''photo'' set to some image path. Click on the path to see the image itself
The module provides Info panel with position angle and separation for each component for double stars from Yale Bright Star Catalog, WDS and database of Brightest Double Stars. For about 1000 double stars position angle and separation are recalculated using known orbital parameters of double systems.
- Other Designations. Object names from database of objects’ cross-match names (from other catalogs)
- Double Star Info. Position angle and separation for each component
- Type. Object type
- Magnitude. Object magnitude
- Dimension. Object dimension in minutes
- PA. Object position angle
- Per EP visibility. A set of object visibilities
for different eyepieces
- Location. Current latitude and longitude of observer location
- Local time. Device time for which object position is calculated. It is set in Star Chart. Device timezone is taken into account for calculations
- Constellation. Object constellation
- Az/Alt. Object azimuth and altitude at local time
- Transit. Time of object transit and its maximum altitude
- Rise. Object rise time9
- Set. Object set time
Buttons at the bottom:
- Star Chart/Lock. Switch to Star Chart with the object centred. If Details Screen is called from Star Chart button function changes to ''Lock''. ''Lock'' fixes the object on the Star Chart so that you can not select any other object. Return back to Details screen and press ''Unlock'' to unlock it
- Image. Show images for both Ngc objects and user database objects containing images
- Notes. Show all observation notes for selected object
- Add. Add selected object to the current observation list. The button is hidden if the object is already in the current observation list
GoTo button at the upper right corner appears when bluetooth connection with a telescope is set.
- ... images8
- Just press on the filename in the photo field
- ... time9
- ''n/r'' - never rising, ''n/s'' - never setting