Observations Lists screen (bright / dark theme)
Observation list shows a list of objects to be observed and corresponding object images if available4 (Figure 2). To the right of an object there is a check box indicating if a user has observed an object. The check box could either be checked by a user directly or be checked automatically when taking an object note.
Objects from the current observation list are shown on Star Chart. Depending on the Hide marked objects setting one may see on Star Chart either all or non-marked objects only.
Touching an object in the list takes to the Star Chart with a touched object centred.
- Search. Global Search of an input string in all databases
- Rename. Rename current observation list
- DSS. Download DSS5 images of observation list objects. Only images for objects absent on the offline DSS cache are downloaded
- Sort by. The list could be sorted by object name, constellation, magnitude, size and set time. The second selection of the same sort type reverses the sort order
- List 1-4. Select a current observation list
- Add object. Add a temporary user object to the observation list for a quick look up. This object will not be associated with / added to any custom database
- Besides own format the app supports importing observation lists in Sky Safari and Sky Tools formats
- You could import pre-compiled Night Sky Observer Guide observation lists for each constellation into the current observation list
- When importing into non-named observation list from the file the file name is set as a list name
- When exporting named observation list its name is suggested as a file name
- Paste, Share..
- Mark objects with specific observation age (from 1 day to 12 month). The latest observation is derived from the object notes. This option is convenient to exclude recently observed objects from an observation list / Star Chart
- Remove all marks. Uncheck all items in the current observation list
- Show/Hide Objects with marks. Show/hide marked items in the current observation list
- Find, Next.
This is similar to Object Selection context menu. Functions specific to Observations Lists:
- Move. You could change the object order within the observation list. Just press on list item to put the selected object before
- Remove from List. Remove the object from the current observation list
- Remove Marked. Remove all marked objects from the current observation list including hidden ones
- Remove ALL. Remove all objects from the current observation list including hidden ones
- Edit. Edit object parameters (this is applicable to temporary objects and custom catalog objects only)
- ... available4
- Images are available for most NgcIc objects as well as custom catalog objects provided that a user added ones
- ... DSS5
- Digitized Sky Survey